Saturday, May 31, 2008

Sunday, May 31

Today is another "Off"day

I am wondering how the schedule will remain the same, with these extra days off so far. I am concerned that everything is gonna get slammed into 10hr days now. I spend most of my day reading... underlining, and studying. The manuals were apparently written by people who have nothing to do other than come up with acronyms.. why would you put WOWX2IOP Fail as an acronym? I mean really... that's just nonsense. The way i learn best is to ready, and copy. So i write my version of what i read... doesn't have to be legible, and it's not fast.. but it works. for me As shown below.. books. It's hard to be all Artsy when reading an AFM... sorry
When I am just about ready to pass out from low blood sugar levels, or simple starvation.. salvation is just down the corner. Dinner these days is doled out 75 cents at a time.
I really wish i had gotten a set of blood work done before heading down. you know, cholesterol, and Sodium mostly... then compared it when i got home. Maybe if we could show the company how unhealthy vending machines and fast food joints are, they would give us a hotel near something.. or a car to get around. Weather has been stormy the last few days, with tornado warnings last night, and a few passing thundershowers this evening. I finaly had enough, and bribed the hotel van driver to take me to a local supermarket to get some fruit. Time to drive off the scurvy. on the way out, a remarkable pink sky to the west. Pink at night, Sailors delight right? hope that means tomorrow will be a wonderful day... but i fear i may be in for a surprise.

Not to insult the local chain.. .but being from the north, i find some mid/central/southern names funny. the grocery store was named Schnucks... To me, that sounds like hard alcohol, or a combination noise of S**t and Shucks... More to follow tomorrw.. thanks for lookin

Stay Classy... St. Louis?!?

No comments: