Tuesday, June 24, 2008

After the check ride, I had my LOFT training the next day. LOFT is where we practice actually flying a flight, not just practicing flying. Typically, the instructors make this as fast as possible. Tail winds are plentiful :) After that, a mad dash to the airport. I spend the better part of a day running from flt. to flt trying to get home. Finaly I happen to catch a flt home at 8pm Central time. After a quick stop in MDW, it on to MHT. After 27 days away from home, I finaly get to see my wife again. 2 nights at home seems very short. We have both become accustomed to having our own bed, so the first night we spend more time elbowing eachother than sleeping. Monday rained all day as the stationary front slowly passed. The same frontal system that caused all the delays earlier on sunday. My car is still up at the Augusta airport, leaving my motorcycle as my primary means of transportation. Monday was a wash, but the weather picked up nicely tuesday, allowing me to finish my errands

Newark... the land of perpetual delays. I have attempted to fly through EWR 3 times. I have been delayed every sing time. Newark is horrible. I do not lookforward to flying there, let alone being based there. Today, it's because of traffic. I am sure later weather will be added to the mix.

Once I get to albany today, we will wait for a Q to arrive at the hanger. Sometime close to midnight we will go practice pulling the emergency exit doors, locating emergency equipment and such. Pictures to follow.

TNT

No comments: